Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dear Parent

DISCLAIMER:In efforts to eliminate my household drama being put out there i will not mention which parent I'm speaking of.

To You,
We were so close it was almost of scary. You were def like my best friend. But when we argue we become enemies. You say some of the most hurt things. You call me names and push me and pull me around. And I'm tired of it. I'm almost grown I shouldn't have to deal with this anymore. I feel as if I lied in reflective essay when I said you supported me in all my decisions, because the truth is you don't. You always feel the need to hit below the belt when we argue. Bring up my sexuality or the all the secrets I tell in front of people in attempt to embrass me. And that also hurts. I'm not saying your a bad parent, because your not. But at times you do contribute to my deep depression. You say you are breaking me down to build me back up. But I am a senstive person so everytime I am a broken down. A piece will remain missing. I love you and I always will. But at this point in my life I just kinda need to do my thing. You will always be my parent but I think that when I leave for college I do not think I will be visiting much. Maybe we've been fighting alot because we have spent 17 years up each other butts. And I think this break will benefit the family. As far as what I said yesterday I do not apologize. Because if you have to say something hurtful in order for your message to get through. So do I. My reason for even writing this letter so give you feedback so my baby sister doesn't have to go through the same childhood that I had to. She is a tough kid but she also hangs on your every word. Just be careful with her she has had a tough 10 years so far. Please don't make them any more diffcult. That is all I have to say no apology, no begging to be your best friend, no crying, no screaming, no cursing. Janai at her most honest with you.

Sincerly,
Janai Elizabeth.

No comments: