Thursday, November 20, 2008

To My First Love: Music

Music means so much to me there are lyrics and melodies that can make me cry, laugh, reminisce, smile, and everything in between. My life has been changed ever since I TRULY discover music for myself. I mean when I stepped away from the traditional radio hits and found out that I love every genre. I love Neo-Soul the most. The lyrics the music the poetic feeling behind every word. I also love contemporary music the way the lyrics mean way more than they appear to. But Hip Hop will always hold a very special place in my heart like my first love. I grew up on Hip Hop. Not that stupid soulja boy shit. The real hip hop like Common, Talib Kwelib, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Nas, and Jay-Z. There are so many more but those are my personal favorites. Hip Hop is not dead I refuse to admit that. Its just taking a slight rest to allow them weak niggas their 30 seconds of fame. I love music so much I want to be a journalist for VIBE magazine. Music gets me through my worst times and my best moments. I'm so grateful that God put music on this planet and I'm so grateful that these very talented artist share their skill with the world. Music has been apart of my life since wayy before I was born. Music even has an affect on my name. I was named after a Freddy Jackson song. My father use to sing to me when I was a baby all the time. That is why I have such a passion for singing and song writing. Basically I love music and I couldn't imagine life without it.
Photobucket

No comments: